1. Information we collect
(1) Registration information When you create your Account via the Applicant and/or Website, you will be required to provide certain personal information, which may include your name, a user name (which can be your email address and/or mobile phone number), a password, the country in which you reside, your gender and/or other information.
(2) Payment Information If you make any purchases through the Applicant and/or Website, such as a package of Courses, we may collect certain information regarding your purchase (such as your Account name, Course(s) you purchased) as necessary to process and confirm your order. You will be required to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, including but not limited to your name, credit/debit card information, billing address and zip code. We do not access, store or collect your payment information in any way at all time, other than receiving a confirmation of successful payment from our payment processing partners.
(3) Using the Services. We collect information that you submit to us through Applications, Website and/or use of Services. For example, when you post comments, make a purchase, take a Course, modify any Courses purchased, we will collect the information you include in these submissions.
(4) Customer Support. We collect all information that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, information about your use of Services, when you contact us for customer support purposes.
2. Automatic Collection of Data
You hereby consent to our automatic collection of data as generated when you access and use of Applications and/or Website, such as (i) anonymous usage statistics; (ii) traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources; (iii) information about your computer, mobile devices and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology, either directly or by clicking through hyperlinks appearing on third party websites, or use one or more of our Services.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Applications, Website and/or Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to (i) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (ii) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; (iii) recognize you when you return to our website; and (iv) customize your experience to better match your interests and preferences or simply facilitate your use of Service.
3. What we do with your information
In general, the purpose of collecting your Personal Information is to (i) improve our Services and enhance your experience with us, (ii) enable us to provide a safer community for Users, and (iii) communicate with us. We may de-identify and aggregate information collected through your use of the Services and use it in accordance with applicable laws where you located.
In Instructors’ prospective, for the legitimate business purpose of protecting the safety, security and integrity of Applications, Website, Services and Users, when you sign-up and create your Account as an Instructor, you authorize us to utilize a qualified third party service providers to use your Personal Information to scan on an ongoing basis a variety of sources of your present residency, which may include, but not limited to, national criminal databases, sex offender registries, certain media streams, terrorist watch lists, criminal and fugitive watch lists, fraud watch lists, law enforcement reports, and other data to assist us in verifying the information you provide us (such as your name, ID, address, email address, etc.). The results of such background check will only be made available to us and you.
4. Where do we disclose your information
(1) About You with the Instructor. We may share schedule information, assignment and quiz completion activity, and certain registration information and profile information with Instructors the Course(s) in which you purchase or for which you request information. If you communication with an Instructor, such as by asking a question, that Instructor will be able to view part of your name/Account name.
(2) Third Party Service Providers We may share your information with third party companies that perform services on our behalf, including for payment processing, data analysis, marketing services, email services and hosting services, and customer support. Those partners’ collection and use of information is subject to their privacy policies and other terms. You should review such privacy policies, terms and other agreements.
(3) Analytic and Data Enrichment Services. We use third-party analytic to help understand your usage of Services and to improve it. We may provide your contact information, registration information, technical information, usage data, and/or de-identified data to data enrichment services, which match such information with publicly available database information, including contact and social information from other sources, such as your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses. We use this combined information to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
(4) Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies for marketing purposes, unless we have your prior permission. If you give us your permission to share your Personal Information with such third parties, then you may receive communications from such third parties and you are solely responsible for your engagement with such third parties.
(5) Legal process We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information or other account information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (a) comply with any applicable law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) protect your, our or Users’ rights, property, or safety.
(7) Consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your prior permission.
5. US Minor
This section only applies to a case involves a US minor under the age of 13 residents inside or outside US territory.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform you, as parents and/or legal guardians of an US minor resident (collectively referred to as “Parents” in this section) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing Personal Information from an US minor resident under the age of 13 (“Children”, or “Child”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from Parents for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the Children’s Personal Information.
This section notifies Parents of: (i) types of information we may collect from Children; (ii) how we use the information we collect; (iii) our practices for disclosing that information; (iv) our practices for notifying and obtaining Parents’ consent when we collect Personal Information from Children, including how a parent may revoke consent; (v) the operator that collect or maintain information from Children through our Applications, Website and/or Services.
(1) Information We Collect from Children. We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the Child to participate in and use of Services, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our Users when they visit to and/or use of the Applications, Website and/or Services. We require the Child to enter a username and password when logging in to the Student account. We and/or the Instructor may assess the academic level of a Child before the Child takes any Course, and the Child will be required to disclose information relating to his or her English language education during this process. The Child will also be required to provide questions, answers, comments and other information when taking the Courses with the Instructors (including, but not limited to course, assignment, and quiz completion activity, interchanges with the Course Instructors, answers to questions). When we request additional information from your Child, we will specify whether information is required or optional so as you could decide whether to provide.
(2) Consent to Record the Sessions of Courses We record videos and voices of each Course participated by both Students and Instructors, for the purpose of reviewing the study situation of the Students and performance of Instructors. The recorded videos will be kept strictly confidential and will only be for our internal use. We will not disclose the recorded videos to the public or share the recorded videos with any third parties without the Parents’ prior consent. Upon registration and your continuously use of Services, you agree and consent to such recording and/or our use of such recording.
(3) Automatic Information Collection We use technology to automatically collect information from Users when they access and use through the Applications, Website and/or Services, and use certain of their features. The information we collect through these technologies may include: (i) one or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize Users over time and across different sectors of Applications, Website and Services; (ii) information that identifies a device’s location.
(4) Use of Children’s Information We use the Personal Information we collect from your Child to: (i) register with and log in to Applications, Website and use of Services; (ii) communicate with the Child, you and/or the Instructor about the Child’s academic performance in Courses; (iii) use internally to improve our future Courses offering and other feature of our Services; (iv) improve Applications, Website and Services so as to deliver a better and more personalized experience; (v) estimate our Users numbers and usage patterns; (vi) store information about the Child’s preferences, which allows us to customize the content according to individual interests; (vii) speed up searches of information and/or Instructors on Applications, Website and Services.
(5) Disclosing Children’s Information. We may disclose aggregated information that does not identify any individual. In addition, we may disclose Children’s Personal Information to: (i) third parties we use to support the internal operations of Applications, Website and Services and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential; (ii) comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request or law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety; (iii) protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, Users or others, including to protect the safety and security of a Child, Applications, Website and Services; or enable us to take precautions against liability.
(6) Change Your Child’s Personal Information At any time, you can review, change, or delete our child’s Personal Information by: logging into your Account and visiting the Account profile page; or sending us an email of request at Qkidscourse@qkids.com. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
(7) Operators The operator who may collect or maintain Personal Information from children through Applications, Website and Services is with the email address at Qkidscourse@qkids.com. Please direct your inquiries about any operator’s privacy practices and use of Children’s information to the operator at the contact information as disclosed above.
6. Special note to international users